The origin of the name
13th Century Township
The township was recorded as Tharilton in 1246 and subsequently Tarleton.
High quality farming has existed around Tarleton for generations due to its fertile peaty soil
Holy Trinity Church Built
The Church was built at the centre of Tarleton Village in 1886, and the Church Steeple was added in 1914
Old Buildings of Tarleton
Tarleton Village contains no fewer than 18 listed buildings.